Nutrien Ag Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nutrien Ag Solutions
- System ID
- Job Category
- Manufacturing, Operations & Trades
- Business Unit
- Retail - Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Number of Positions (Vacancies)
Maintenance Supervisor, Billings MT, US
This position is for a Jan 2020 start.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Located in Billings, Montana, the plant produces approximately 8 million gallons of liquid herbicide annually. The plant employs 38 people with roles in operations, maintenance, environmental compliance, QC laboratory, warehouse, rail/truck loading, office staff and site leadership.
As a lead for the Maintenance Team, the Maintenance Supervisor oversees the maintenance department to support continuous improvement in plant reliability. The Maintenance Supervisor is also actively engaged in the plant safety program, environmental stewardship program, and waste minimization efforts.
What you'll do:
- Participate in the plant safety programs such as Near Miss Reporting, Work Hazard Assessment Tool, and Commitment to Zero
- Support the facility’s obligations to environmental stewardship and waste minimization
- Execute plant maintenance with an appropriate sense of urgency to maximize production
- Utilize the EAM CMMS to document maintenance work order history
- Use EAM to create purchase orders and build computer monitored inventories for equipment
- Collaborate with plant engineering department for continuous improvement ideas and capital expenditures
- Perform training on new and current equipment use for operators and mechanics
- Engage in plants day to day activities finding ways to help increase plant production efficiencies and minimize downtime
- Develop and maintain programs to track MTBF & MTTR
- Conduct maintenance on new and current equipment utilizing equipment manuals and resources available
- Carry out building maintenance and attend classes to expand the capacity to optimize facilities overall reliability
- Supervise maintenance employees
- Manage plant expense budget for the year and meet key performance indicators set for the maintenance department
- Maintain Maintenance Metric program and exceed metric goals utilizing expertise
What you'll bring:
- Vocational training in a technical trade or BS degree in Engineering considered a plus
- At least (2) two years as a maintenance supervisor
- At least (2) two years of plant maintenance experience
- At least (2) two years of experience managing direct reports
- Familiarity with Process Safety Management
- Knowledge of welding procedures, tank construction and inspection
- Experience leading Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Maintain equipment manuals and information in an organized fashion
- Able to work in a fast -paced team environment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Plumbing and pipefitting with maintenance and troubleshooting
- Third class boilers license considered a plus
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing packaging line equipment
- Experience with electrical and/or instrumentation troubleshooting and repair
- Nondestructive testing such as dye penetrant, magnetic particle and ultrasonic thickness testing
- Vibration analysis of rotating equipment
- Experience with laser alignment of rotating equipment including pumps, fans, and compressors.
- Pump & pump seal repair
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and rebuilding centrifugal and positive displacement pumps
- Experience conducting predictive/preventive maintenance work (PM’s) on chemical process equipment, rotating equipment, and machinery
- Use of a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter work order hours, PM findings etc.
- Automotive and Forklift repair
- Experience operating forklift, picker, telehandler, skid steer
- Basic building structural repair and maintenance
- Able to read and understand process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping and instrument drawings (P&ID)
- Able to read construction/fabrication blueprints and other drawings
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing a respirator or SCBA
- Manufacturing plant environment will require that the candidate is able to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Able to ascend/descend stairs and ladders
- Capable of working in varying temperatures and high humidity
- Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors and elevated walkways
- Must be able to sit and operate a computer
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.