Allegiance Benefit Plan Management, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Programmer/Web Support Specialist
at Allegiance Benefit Plan Management, Inc
- 01-Sep-2020 to Until Filled (MST)
- Missoula, MT, USA
- Full Time
Do you want a career where you can make a difference? Allegiance is a growing company with hometown values that is looking for dynamic candidates to join the team! A positive, team-oriented environment is provided with opportunities for advancement.
Allegiance offers full-time positions with evenings, weekends, and holidays off and a multi-faceted benefits package.
We pride ourselves in having a reputation for top-notch customer service. Make a difference. Start your career with Allegiance today!
REPORTS TO: Programming Supervisor LOCATION: Missoula FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Programmer is responsible for developing and maintaining programs and MIS reporting for all lines of business, employing SQL server, VB.net, and C#.net to provide customer friendly reports, internal reports and ad-hoc reports. Software development, web design and development, maintaining and debugging for web and windows bases solutions. MVC experience preferred.
The incumbent is expected to communicate professionally with peers, supervisors, subordinates, vendors, customers, and the public, and to be respectful and courteous in the conduct of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential job functions include the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Develop and maintain MIS reporting for all lines of business.
- Create new and maintain/update existing web applications and forms.
- Employ SQL Server, VB.net, and C#.net to access information systems to provide information support.
- Meet with end users to discuss the required information to be extracted from the database or mainframe source files.
- Transform business criteria and logical specifications into code and develop programs to generate file extracts and MIS reports.
- Design, develop and support a wide variety of information deliverables in both ad-hoc and production fashion.
- Design, develop and maintain databases and data as needed for MIS and end-user computing.
- Diagnose underlying problems related to data integrity.
- Works with database systems to ensure effective data security, integrity and recoverability procedures are in place at all times.
- Ensures solutions meet business objectives, and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in IT's knowledge of and concern for users' business needs
- Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical database are met through formulation and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Responsible for network security, installing new applications, distributing software upgrades and patches, monitoring daily activity, enforcing software licensing agreements, developing a storage management program and providing for routine backups.
- Determines implementation of security policies.
- Proactively researches and locates necessary tools and processes to identify troublesome trends as they develop
- Makes decisions that are critical in the areas of throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning with the potential to affect the successful execution of business transactions.
- Participates in various IT projects intended to continually improve and upgrade the telecommunications infrastructure.
- Analyzes, tests, and implements physical database design supporting the business applications (Including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements and operational guidelines.
- Contribute to the daily workflow with regular and punctual attendance.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs software and operating system tests.
- Preparation of forms, faxing and copying.
- Organize files and reference materials
- Performs related or other assigned duties as required or directed.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical requirements are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting 80% Reaching Some
Standing 10% Manual Dexterity High
Walking 10% Telephone Yes
Kneeling Some Computer Screen High (visual acuity corrected to 20/30)
Bending Some Lifting up to 60 pounds
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education: College Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field in the absence of equivalent work experience.
Certification(s) Required: None
Minimum Experience: Two years experience in a job programming and system support preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, DOS, Windows XP, Outlook and any other programs necessary for user support.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
Ability to project a professional image and positive attitude in any work environment.
Ability to comply with privacy and confidentiality standards.
Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to solve problems with professionalism and patience.
Ability to operate typical office equipment.
Working knowledge of general office procedures.
Working knowledge of SQL server database administration.
Working knowledge of PostgreSQL server database administration.
Experience developing C# / VB.NET Windows and web applications
Experience with ASP.NET web services
Experience with Transact-SQL
Experience with Great Plains/Dynamics or other accounting software
Experience with SSIS, Scribe or other data conversion software
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel as classified.