Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Specialist II
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and solving problems? Are you interested in a career within an established and growing industry? If you’re nodding your head, this might be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
As a Customer Service Specialist in our Kalispell, MT office, you will contribute to the success of our Private Flood Insurance Program business. Not only will you become a valued team member of Aon Edge, but you will also grow your skills with a revered company in the risk management industry.
What will your day look like?
- Establish yourself as a private flood insurance expert as you underwrite and process documents in line with carrier agreements, surplus lines rules and state regulations
- Collaborate with agents, various departments and carrier partners via multiple communication methods to effectively process transactions
- Add a variety of skills to your repertoire, including the application of pricing and underwriting rules and regulations to align with the Private Flood Insurance Program
- Flex your investigative skills as you determine the credibility of legal, closing and replacement cost documents as well as Private Flood Insurance Program maps and elevation data
- Hone your communication abilities as you communicate complex technical information to agents, build rapport with customers and address questions regarding private products and NFIP rules and regulations
- Handle policies using knowledge of underwriting components, including elevation certificates, zone determinations, refunds, agent commissions, community numbers and discounts, emergency programs, severe repetitive loss, preferred risk properties, grandfathering, pre-firm, post-firm, rollovers, map revisions, policy date rules, and disaster assistance
- Process flood insurance policies using technical systems such as the Diamond, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) website and public records
What skills will help you be successful in this role?
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in keying alphanumeric information with accuracy and adequate speed and the use of basic office equipment, such as copiers, faxes, voicemail
- Ability to shift between priorities, as needed, throughout the workday while maintaining an established level of productivity using time-management techniques
- Prior experience in the insurance industry will be helpful
- 1+ year of office and/or administrative background
- Customer service experience, including telephone communication, will be extremely beneficial
- Working experience with Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work 9:00am to 6:00pm or 9:30am to 6:00p
- HS diploma required
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.