Applied Memetics LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Cyber Security Analyst
at Applied Memetics LLC
- Job ID
- Information Technology
Applied Memetics LLC (AM LLC) is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst. The successful candidate will be working with security analysts to ensure data protection and system access are properly deployed. Must possess creative problem solving skills and experience in managing teams of security analysts in making certain that the computer systems are secure from hacking and virus attacks, while adhering to security standards and industry best practices.
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will evaluate security issues and provide solutions in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) security initiatives as well as delivering these services:
- Identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues
- Adhere to VA security standards and industry best practices
- Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support
- Evaluate, test, recommend, develop, coordinate, monitor and maintain information security for operating systems, user identities, roles, file structures, and applications
- Ensure that Information Systems security architecture, designs, plans, controls, processes, policies and procedures are aligned with VA policies
- Identify security risks and exposures, determine the causes of security violations and suggest changes to avoid future incidents
- Assist with development of security standards and procedures
Previous IT and computer security experience required with at least two of the following areas: Application Security, Identity and Access Management, Cyber Risk assessment, Infrastructure Services delivery, Network Security, Information and Event Management.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 5 years of relevant experience
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Certification in Associate Business Continuity Professional or Certified Business Continuity Professional (preferred)
- Able to effectively leverage vast detailed knowledge and familiarity with security disciplines.
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports
- Must possess expertise in developing long term strategies against security threats
- Must be an expert in security concepts, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of software, hardware, databases, networks, firewalls, encryption, and other systems security devices
- Must have the ability to provide effort estimation and complete work based on a schedule of activities in coordination with delivery leader.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, network topologies and intrusion detection systems
- Must be well versed in Active Directory support tools including able to use LDAP tools and ADSI interfaces
- Have familiarity with security and patching tools such Tenable, GRC, SCCM, and IEM
- Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must work well within a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work alone as well as in a group under pressure with good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent ability to analyze, make decisions and solve problems
- Good leadership qualities to instruct and lead junior analysts
- Able to train others on various system security threat mitigations
**Experience working in Federal Government environments is preferred.**