Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Engineer 2
Arcadis is seeking an ambitious, hardworking, dependable Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist to join our world-class firm in Helena, MT. This mid-level full-time position will be involved in various activities that support a diverse portfolio of environmental permitting, assessment and restoration projects. This position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills.
The desired candidate will possess great attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and can work independently with minimal supervision. Applicants should be solution oriented and have independent critical thinking skills to work as a productive member of high-performance teams.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead or support multi-disciplinary teams for soil and groundwater remediation projects
- Health and safety focused. Able to comply and steward Arcadis and client H&S requirements
- Exhibit independent thinking skills and able to work successfully with minimal daily supervision
- Working effectively with project teams, clients, and all other stakeholders
- Implementation, operation, maintenance, and monitoring of field pilot tests and remedial systems for various remediation technologies
- Data compilation and analysis
- Environmental Permitting
- Technical report preparation
- Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
- Lead or support proposal efforts for various remediation or industrial projects for a variety of clients
The successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be self-motivated, exhibit independent thinking skills, and be able to work successfully in a team setting as well as independently. This position encompasses both office work (technical design, task management, data analysis, and report preparation) as well as fieldwork.
- BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology or related degree
- 3-5 years related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Relevant work experience with fieldwork sampling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Engineering - Environmental
- Experience with Environmental Investigation and remediation at Class 1 Railroad Facilities in the state of Montana
- Professional Registration /certification
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.