Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Appointment Clerk
- 17-May-2019 to 16-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Malmstrom AFB, MT, USA
- Full Time
Avosys is a growing integrator of professional, technological and management solutions services. Founded in 1998, Avosys provides services nationwide to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. We recognize the foundation of our firm is our people and we continue to rise above our competition by hiring the best.
Avosys is seeking a Medical Appointment Clerk to provide services to the military and their families at Malmstrom AFB, MT.
- Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests.
- Pulls records and files documentation as needed. Confirms medical records are available for upcoming appointments on provider schedules.
- May assist in preparation of patient notices (telephonically or form letter formats) for appointment reminders, no shows, or reschedule/cancellations.
- Receive and electronically deliver telephone messages (t-cons) to PCMs and/or clinic nurses by using the Government computer system, standard protocols and individual clinic guidelines as needed.
- If in the lead clerk position, attendance to the clinic Access to Care Meeting mandatory for central booking representation.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience in medical office scheduling.
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency is required
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- Must possess general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Work is mainly sedentary, but may require walking, bending, standing, and/or carrying of light items such as files, manuals, and medical records.
Reference Code: MSS.MT.MAC.1905
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Malmstrom AFB, MT
Industry: Government Contracting
Shift: Day Business Hours
Travel: No Salary: Based on Experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact (210) 888-0775 or Jobs@Avosys.com for assistance.