Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Facilities Services is seeking a part-time Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Hamilton, MT in support of the NIH.
*Part-time position 20 hours per week
- Perform laboratory techniques relating to scientific research including sterile work in a biosafety cabinet, proper use of pipets and safely handling chemicals
- Perform general lab management, and responsible for laboratory upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment, maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment including chemicals, biological materials, biological wastes, etc.
- Help maintain databases and tracking spreadsheet of various ongoing projects
- Order and maintain laboratory stock, supplies and equipment
- Catalog and label laboratory samples. Help with maintaining and organizing inventory of samples and metadata, and with managing inventory of laboratory supplies and reagents
- Serve as a point of contact for all operations of the lab, including interaction with vendors, support personnel, scientists
- Calibrate equipment and assist with operating and troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment
- Provide technical support, assistance and training on the use and operation of laboratory equipment
- Operate and communicate effectively in a group, work as a member of a team toward a common goal, and be willing to support others when needed to assure all daily assignments are completed
- Follow established safety related SOPS, to maintain a safe workplace
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Demonstrated basic computer skills including use of MS Office and Excel
- Experience working in a complex, demanding and faced paced dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment
- Ability to use laboratory instruments to precisely measure volume, mass and liquid flow rates
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper handling/disposal of biohazardous waste
- Ability to prepare solutions to specified concentrations for preparing TOC and conductivity calibration standards. Must follow all facility established programs. This includes those related to safe handling procedures for government supplies, equipment, and materials as well as proper attire (i.e., protective gear, appropriate clothing and shoes)
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.