Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate I
at Caterpillar Inc.
The Warehouse Associate – Level 1 maintains the parts warehouse by receiving and storing parts, filling customer orders, and performing daily bin and physical inventory counts. This role requires a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for occasional deliveries and parts pick up from customers and vendors.
• Performs daily bin and physical inventory counts.
• Pulls and packages parts to fill customer orders in a timely fashion.
• Delivers and provides pickup of parts, cylinders and components for service repairs when needed.
• Picks up of parts from outside vendors and delivers parts to customers as required.
• Adheres to good housekeeping and Contamination Control Standards.
• Follows assigned work schedule with consistent attendance/punctuality.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively care and advocate safety at Western States. Adhere to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Work within and promote corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to obtain forklift operators certification.
• Ability to learn and use computer systems for time entry, personnel data, e-mail, and basic dealer systems operational functions.
• Ability to work overtime and on call.
• Consistent attendance and punctuality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• 6 months of customer service experience preferred.
• Proof of driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching, pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Able to lift up to 60 lbs in accordance with Western States’ Lifting Safe Work Practice to include amount and approach.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.