Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Refinery Project Manager
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Constructors – a subsidiary of Corval Group – is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with nearly 100 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
The Project Manager will lead company construction, engineering and/or performance contracting projects according to contract documents. They are responsible for project safety, quality, budget and schedule performance, including subcontractors and vendors and customer satisfaction. Also, they will coordinate appropriate information flow among key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of project from start to finish.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all key elements of maintenance and construction, including safety, organization, planning, estimating, materials, document controls, contracting, contractor management, logistics, lessons learned and labor relations.
- Outstanding communication Skills required, including presentation skills to senior management and daily communication with client and team. Ability to deliver an excellent safety message to large groups and the ability to think quickly and make sound decisions.
- Manage daily project and maintenance activities while leading team to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget, with quality workmanship.
- Prepare and/or Assist with the development of project estimates and work packages
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, budget and staffing for each phase of project, procedures for accomplishing work, and allotment of available resources.
- Ensure appropriate tracking of time, materials, subcontractors, and materials for comprehensive invoicing.
- Manage and coordinate safety and quality efforts for the site, utilizing safety and quality resources appropriately.
- Prepare project status reports, including updated cost projections and schedules for project review and input to marketing, estimating, sales, management and customer.
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure appropriate change orders for project cost and time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Ten years of experience leading construction and or refinery projects as a Project Manager including estimating new projects and processing change orders. Relevant experience in Refinery work is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Detail-oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills in evaluating situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project, and scheduling software.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
- Construction site environment – physical ability to stand, walk, crawl, bend, reach and climb. Exposed to high noise levels.