Covenant Consumer Direct
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN or LPN (Nurse Care Manager)
at Covenant Consumer Direct
- # of Openings
Company: Consumer Direct Care Network (Home Health)
Position: RN or LPN (Nurse Care Manager)
Location: Missoula, MT
See why Consumer Direct is a great place to work by watching our video
*For consideration of employment, please include a resume.*
A career in home health care is overflowing with personal rewards. Our nurses enjoy spending time with a patient one-on one, educating them about their illnesses and guiding them through the challenges. We are looking for self-confident nurses to join our team!
The Home Health Nurse Case Manager is responsible for all aspects of care management including the initial comprehensive assessment in the patient's home and creating a plan of care, as directed by the physician's order. The Nurse Case Manager coordinates skilled and non-skilled services as needed to meet patient’s needs. The Nurse Case Manager actively participates in bi-weekly care team meetings with entire multidisciplinary team to coordinate and refine services and goals for care.
In the Consumer Direct Care Network our employees are committed, dependable, professional and accountable. We value integrity, honesty and respect for others. We have high standards for how our employees conduct themselves at work and in the communities we support. Come join our team and be a part of a rewarding career helping others!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Initiates patient relationship and completes comprehensive assessment in the home, identifying the patient’s medical needs, per Medicare Oasis guidelines;
- Develops a plan of care per physician’s orders. Coordinates all aspect of the patient’s home care and interacting with other disciplines as needed. Provides professional care to patients by agency policies, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Regularly re-evaluates the patient's nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, participates in in-service programs and meetings, and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel as needed.
- Initiates IV Infusion therapy in patient’s home per physicians order. Assesses PICC line for patency, teaches patient and family aseptic technique for IV administration, proper dosage and storage of medication. Draws periodic labs per order, delivers specimen to lab, and communicates with pharmacy and physician as needed. Provides weekly PICC dressing change per policy and procedures.
- Competent in performing peripheral blood draws as ordered. Assures results to physician in a timely manner. Communicates necessary changes to patient.
- Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician, when necessary.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports and changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the interdisciplinary team.
- Teaches the patient and family/ caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician. Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers.
- Assists the patient and family/ caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Attends and participates in biweekly team conferences.
- Orients and mentors new staff as requested.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with one year of home health care experience preferred, but not required
- Current MT RN or LPN licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision; has strong organizational skills
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join Consumer Direct Care Network, you will be exposed to numerous professional development opportunities. We welcome your contributions and value your integrity as we collaborate on work that moves us all toward a compassionate community. We have a long history of helping individuals build their careers in the home-care industry. This is truly a place where there is something for everyone, whether you are looking to support a particular lifestyle, seeking professional growth, or seeking new and challenging work, all in an expanding nationwide company with that small-company feel.
Most importantly, you will experience the satisfaction of working in a culture built on caring. Caring for others comes naturally at Consumer Direct Care Network, based in our long history of connecting people and championing change, all geared toward helping others. We are proud of the longevity and loyalty of our employees. Their commitment to doing good work is what makes us a leader in the industry.
As a Consumer Direct Care Network team member you will receive:
- Benefits for all employees
- Rewarding career helping others
- Fun and engaging work environment built on team unity
- Paid Time Off for the things you love to do
- Holiday and Sick Time available
- Retirement planning
- Professional training to help advance your skills for career development
- Job satisfaction knowing you make a difference in the work you do and lives we serve
*Benefits may vary depending on employment status*
WHO WE ARE
Consumer Direct Care Network specializes in home and community-based services that assist older adults and individuals of all ages with disabilities and impairments to continue to live their lives independently in their own homes and communities. We provide coordinated service delivery in 14 states and the District of Columbia. Our services span from financial management services and support brokerage to traditional agency home care and caregiving, to home health and hospice, to behavioral health. We have extensive experience with Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, and with supporting people who pay for their own care.
Your opportunities within our network are endless, it’s not just a job, it’s a career… advance it with the Consumer Direct Care Network!
The Consumer Direct Care Network and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug-free workplace.