Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consumer Services Coordinator
at Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Actively exhibits through consistent behavior the commitment to serve and respect participants. Serves as a member of the service team to ensure that the goals of participants are being met, reviewed, and updated according to the IP or PSP. Assists individuals on caseload to participate in planning their own services. Spends the majority of workday actively involved with participants. Maintains a safe environment for participants and co-workers. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide supports to participants in services in the following areas;
- Stimulation, activities of daily living to include self-help skills, interpersonal and survival skills, leisure time activities
- Health and safety, behavior support, medical and personal care needs
- Other supports to participants as developed by team.
- Self-advocacy and increased independence.
- Community participation and integration
- Protects participants from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
- Monitor participant satisfaction.
- Assist in developing meaningful and appropriate activities for participants.
- Work with each individual on caseload and their support team to develop a Personal Support Plan (PSP) utilizing appropriate assessments and state mandated planning documents.
- Work with individual participant to ensure that outcomes are being met according to the PSP or Career Plan.
- Work with service team to secure needed services according to the PSP.
- Coordinate the participant services and plan with other agencies and individuals, making referrals as needed.
- Prepare for and attend IP/PSP meetings.
- Prepare for and attend IP and PSP meetings as requested.
- Maintain complete and accurate participant files documenting activities, contacts, progress, outcomes and billing information.
- Complete required assessment and documentation for individual personal support planning meeting timelines set by supervisors and DDP policy.
- Complete incident and accident reports as required by state administrative rules and company policy.
- Complete documentation of medical appointments, medication changes, or other significant occurrences related to the participants health.
- Program development and implementation skills preferred.
- Behavior management skills preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, enjoy challenges and must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to move independently or with reasonable accommodation within the facility and community.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Utilizing proper body mechanics, must have the ability to lift supplies, equipment and as detailed below, must perform a variety of physical tasks because of the special needs of participants. These physical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Pushing wheelchairs and assisting with other adaptive equipment during regular program activities and in emergency evacuations
- Ensuring participants’ safety during seizures, emergencies or transfers - lifting them to a chair, lowering them to a bed or the floor or otherwise moving them to a safe area.
- Therapy regimes prescribed by a physician such as: range of motion exercise and utilization of various O.T./PT materials and/or equipment.
- Moving equipment/material handling - up to 50-pound boxes, tables, chairs; bending, stretching and reaching to retrieve materials.
- Assisting participants to use restroom - transferring on and/or off stool or from a wheelchair to a bed.
- Training participants in vocational tasks - standing or leaning over worker for up to 50 minute training session; meet production/program demands requiring on your feet duty for up to 5 hours.
- Assure participant safety with visual surveillance, auditory monitoring, and physical support.
- Bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, lifting and physically supporting or guiding participants are frequently required. Heavy lifting (over 50 pounds team lifting or lifting with mechanical assist) is required occasionally. Moderate lifting is frequently required.
- Ability to provide emergency first aid care to participants including all components of CPR
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions required.
- Applicant must pass background and DMV check.
- 0-2 years
- High School/Equivalent
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred
Easter Seals-Goodwill offers a comprehensive & competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision, Dental and VOYA Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + up to 4% contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short Term Medical (STM)
- Group Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending + Health Savings Accounts
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Program
- 10 % Discount on ESGW Services
- 20% Discount at Goodwill Stores
Easter Seals-Goodwill is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans of the U.S. armed services. Easter Seals-Goodwill will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.