Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Support Professional
at Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Caring, compassionate people are needed to provide support with disabilities at Easterseals-Goodwill in Great Falls, Montana.
You might love this job if you:
- Enjoy being with adults with disabilities.
- Like getting to know people really well.
- Enjoy caring for others.
You may be a perfect fit if you:
- Have been told you’re kind and patient.
- Have an even-keel personality (you’re able to check your emotions at the door).
- Treat people with dignity and respect.
What’s In It for You
- Joy in knowing you’re making lives better
- Training for a career
- Work-life balance
- Rewards beyond your imagination!
What we offer:
- Full-time, part-time, and occasional/sub positions.
- Training and certification, including CPR, first aid, and medication management
- Program development and implementation skills preferred.
- Behavior support skills preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, enjoy challenges and must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Ability to move independently or with reasonable accommodation within the facility and community.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Follows all safety rules and requirements. Promotes a strong safety culture and maintains a safe environment for customers/participants and co-workers.
- Pushing wheelchairs and assisting with other adaptive equipment during regular program activities and in emergency evacuations
- Ensuring participants’ safety during seizures, emergencies or transfers - lifting them to a chair, lowering them to a bed or the floor or otherwise moving them to a safe area.
- Therapy regimes prescribed by a physician such as: range of motion exercise and utilization of various O.T./PT materials and/or equipment.
- Moving equipment/material handling - up to 50-pound boxes, tables, chairs; bending, stretching and reaching to retrieve materials.
- Assisting participants to use restroom - transferring on and/or off stool or from a wheelchair to a bed.
- Training participants in vocational tasks - standing or leaning over worker for up to 50 minute training session; meet production/program demands requiring on your feet duty for up to 5 hours.
- Assure participant safety with visual surveillance, auditory monitoring, and physical support.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, lifting and physically supporting/ guiding participants are frequently required.
- Heavy lifting (over 50 pounds team lifting or lifting with mechanical assist) is required occasionally. Moderate lifting is frequently required.
- Ability to provide emergency first aid care to participants including all components of CPR.
- Must be 18+ years old
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Must have a driving clean driving record (no DUIs in last 3 years; no more than 3 moving violations in the past year; no more than 1 preventable accident within past 3 years, etc. Ask us if you have questions.)
Easterseals-Goodwill offers a comprehensive & competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision, Dental and Voluntary Products
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + up to 4% contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending + Health Savings Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Wellness Program
- 10% Discount on ESGW Services
- 20% Discount at Goodwill Stores
Easterseals-Goodwill is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans of the U.S. armed services. ESGW will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.