Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Care Attendant
at Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Easterseals-Goodwill provides quality in-home personal care services in Great Falls and Butte, as well as in rural communities in Glacier, Toole, Pondera, Teton and Lewis & Clark Counties. Home care services are available during daytime, evening and weekend hours and are covered by private fees, insurance or Medicaid. Our goal is offer support to help elderly individuals, people with disabilities, individuals recovering from surgery, illness or injury, or people in transition from nursing homes, to live independently in their own homes.
Home care attendants provide individualized assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, shopping and errands or medication reminders, as well as companionship and respite for caregivers.
Personal care duties include but are not limited to:
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation activities
- Ambulation assistance
- Escort to medical appointments
- Maintenance of a safe and healthy living environment.
Basic home care tasks on assigned days that include but are not limited to:
- Household duties
- Personal errands
- Meal preparation
- Occasional indoor and outdoor maintenance
Personal Care Attendants are required to complete various reports of which include, time sheets, client documentation, and identifying and documenting any problems or concerns with the client. These reports are to be submitted to supervisor regularly and according to designated time line and due dates.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Knowledge of elderly and disabled helpful.
- Home health aide or nurse''s aide training helpful.
- Must have transportation to and from clients home.
- Valid driver''s license and liability insurance are mandatory.
- Willing to participate in 16 hours attendant training and in-services as scheduled.
- Ability to move independently and transfer, lift and/or assist clients who have limited mobility.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Must pass a background check and DMV check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Easterseals-Goodwill is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans of the U.S. armed services. ESGW will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.