Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Easter Seals-Goodwill Northern Rocky Mountain, Inc
The Supported Living program in Great Falls, MT provides training and support for individuals with disabilities living in the community in their own apartments or in family homes. Our participants receive lots of hands-on learning experiences and the skills and tasks they work on center around what each individual is looking to accomplish.
Actively exhibits through consistent behavior the commitment to serve and respect participants. Serves as an active member of the team to ensure that the goals of participants are being met, reviewed, and updated according to the individual plan (IP or PSP). Spends the majority of workday actively involved with participants. Maintains a safe environment for participants and co-workers. Completes accurate documentation of services provided. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide supports to participants in services in the following areas;
- Stimulation, activities of daily living to include self-help skills, interpersonal and survival skills, leisure time activities
- Health and safety, behavior support, medical and personal care needs
- Other supports to participants as developed by team.
- Self-advocacy and increased independence.
- Community participation and integration.
- Program development and implementation skills preferred.
- Behavior support skills preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, enjoy challenges and must be willing to work as part of a team.
- Ability to move independently or with reasonable accommodation within the facility and community.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally able to perform all requirements of the job.
- Follows all safety rules and requirements. Promotes a strong safety culture and maintains a safe environment for customers/participants and co-workers.
- Pushing wheelchairs and assisting with other adaptive equipment during regular program activities and in emergency evacuations
- Ensuring participants’ safety during seizures, emergencies or transfers - lifting them to a chair, lowering them to a bed or the floor or otherwise moving them to a safe area.
- Therapy regimes prescribed by a physician such as: range of motion exercise and utilization of various O.T./PT materials and/or equipment.
- Moving equipment/material handling - up to 50-pound boxes, tables, chairs; bending, stretching and reaching to retrieve materials.
- Assisting participants to use restroom - transferring on and/or off stool or from a wheelchair to a bed.
- Training participants in vocational tasks - standing or leaning over worker for up to 50 minute training session; meet production/program demands requiring on your feet duty for up to 5 hours.
- Assure participant safety with visual surveillance, auditory monitoring, and physical support.
- Bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, lifting and physically supporting/ guiding participants are frequently required. Heavy lifting (over 50 pounds team lifting or lifting with mechanical assist) is required occasionally. Moderate lifting is frequently required.
- Ability to provide emergency first aid care to participants including all components of CPR.
- 0-2 years
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities preferred.
- High School/Equivalent
- Applicant must pass a background and DMV check
Easter Seals-Goodwill NRM Inc. offers a comprehensive & competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision, Dental and AFLAC Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + up to 4% contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Short Term Medical (STM)
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending + Health Savings Accounts
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Program
- 10 % Discount on ESGW Services
- 20% Discount at Goodwill Stores
Easter Seals-Goodwill is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from the disabled, minorities, women, and veterans of the U.S. armed services. ESGW will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.