First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."The Fraud Investigator independently reviews and investigates the circumstances of a fraud case and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), as appropriate. The Fraud Investigator will review daily reports to identify fraudulent activity and take mitigating action to reduce fraud losses. This role is ultimately responsible for identifying fraud and investigating cases escalated within the fraud monitoring software, reports and submitted fraud claims.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Investigate fraud claims submitted by staff and escalated alerts by Fraud Analysts.
2. Review circumstances of fraud claims for applicable laws and regulations.
3. Drafts and file fraud SARs once a quality control review has been completed.
4. Efficiently conducts and tracks investigations to ensure reporting timeframes are accomplished.
5. Review daily and periodic fraud reports, reporting fraud trends to the Fraud Program Manager.
6. Interact with Member Banks and customers to verify suspected fraudulent activity.
7. Act as a backup to the Fraud Analysts, BSA/AML Analysts, and BSA/AML Investigators.
8. Provide member banks and departments guidance on fraud related issues.
9. Assist in the recovery efforts of funds
10. Serves as the 314b contact for designated member bank(s).
11. Maintain a high level of confidentiality when compiling investigative information and escalating issues.
12. Complete annual e-learning plan, attend external fraud training, and maintain knowledge of current and emerging fraud trends within the financial industry.
13. Maintains compliance with applicable rules and regulations related to money laundering and other company policies and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field - Business, Accounting, or Criminal Justice
2. 3-5 years of banking experience
3. 3-5 years of experience in BSA/AML, fraud investigations or related activity
4. Experience with SARs and fraud investigations, preferred
5. Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act compliance, bank regulations, UCC laws
6. Knowledge of various fraud and money laundering typologies
7. Experience with AML/Fraud systems, preferred
8. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
9. Ability to work remotely with supervision high level of independence.
10. Strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
11. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize deliverables
12. Strong customer service skills
13. Proficiency using Microsoft Office
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified AML & Fraud Professional (CAFP), preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will