First Bank & Trust Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HMDA/CRA Data Analyst
at First Bank & Trust Texas
FirstBank Lubbock Bancshares began with the vision of one man, Barry Orr, and a promise. Barry promised his wife and friends that he would start a bank that would become profitable through relationships, hard work and determination. "It is our goal to be the BEST community bank in the Lubbock area," states Barry Orr, Chairman & CEO. "We knew we could help build a better Lubbock by serving the needs of customers our way."Under general direction, the HMDA/CRA Data Analyst is responsible for verifying all HMDA and CRA qualified consumer, commercial and mortgage loan information is captured and accurately reported to the appropriate federal regulators in compliance with the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and the Community Reinvestment Act.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Understands the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and the Community Reinvestment Act regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with data reporting rules and regulations.
2. Provides input to and maintenance of HMDA and CRA resources, tools, training materials, and procedures to ensure that the data capture, analysis and reporting are done accurately.
3. Identifies HMDA reportable consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans, including their designated census tracts and demographics
4. Ensures appropriate record entries are made on the HMDA loan/application register (LAR) within thirty calendar days after the end of the calendar quarter.
5. Reviews and assists in certifying the accuracy of HMDA/CRA data submitted to the institution’s processing agency at year-end.
6. Assists in the submission for each HMDA/CRA reportable bank, complete and accurate data annually by the required deadline
7. Assists in the submission for each HMDA/CRA reportable bank by reviewing and updating exception reports. Ensures all reports are complete and accurate by the required deadline.
8. Verifies loan information through imaged documents or loan origination systems.
9. Communicates discrepancies with HMDA/CRA information and documentation requirements with appropriate business units in the company including individual loan originators or personal bankers.
10. Assists with documentation for Community Development loans, services, investments, and donations
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 1-3 years of consumer compliance experience or banking experience preferably in the lending area. Consulting experience in the banking industry will be accepted in lieu of banking experience.
2. Associates Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
3. Working knowledge of state and federal laws, regulations, and rules for determination of their affects on policies, procedures and practices.
4. Ability to keep abreast of changes in federal and state regulations or rules related to CRA or HMDA.
5. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
6. Previous experience using computer programs/software related to HMDA/CRA Reporting preferred.
7. Proven ability to work under and meet tight deadlines.
8. Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
It's always more fun to say "hello" and "thank you" in person, but in today’s electronic world, such opportunities are often diminished. Taking time to visit our career site might be the beginning of a relationship, or it might be one more way of continuing a relationship that has been in place for some time. Either way, we would like to say "welcome" to FirstBank & Trust and extend an invitation to visit us any time at any of our locations.
At FirstBank & Trust, we believe that outstanding customer service is the most important core value we can offer you. Our employees strive for it by understanding your particular situation and providing products and services that exceed your expectations. We know that customer trust and satisfaction must be earned every day and in every way. We pledge to demonstrate this each time you use our bank, on site and online.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will