Glacier Park, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COOK 1 - LINE COOK (SUMMER)
at Glacier Park, Inc.
- Location : Location
- Job ID
Line cooks work a variety of stations in a high volume kitchen setting. Produce quality and timely hot/cold food for guests and employees in a clean, safe, sanitary environment. Follow recipes and gives personal best in service. Must adhere to all sanitation regulations and requirements. Must assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Reports to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Works in designated station as set by Location Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Produces a quality product timely and efficiently for guests and staff.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in accordance with prescribed recipes.
- Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods
- Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Replenishes service lines as needed. Restocks and preps station for the next shift.
- Assists in training & development of Prep cooks and may periodically train new employees or staff from other departments.
- Takes leadership role during absence of the Location Chef and Sous Chef.
- When required, works dish machine to properly and safely clean dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and glassware.
- Completes GPI sanitation program and complies with all health and safety codes in handling and storage of all food products and kitchen equipment.
- Follows all company policies, regulations, and standards as set by the Executive Chef and Company.
- Works in other departments or positions as requested.
- 1-2 years’ Line cook experience in high volume kitchens preferred.
- Culinary degree, training or work experience preferred.
- Sanitation certification preferred.
- Must have general knowledge of all areas of food preparation, specifically cooking temperatures, making soups & sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Strong knife skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and satisfactorily accomplish tasks as directed by Sous or Location Chef.
- Must be able to maintain composure and work efficiently during high volume periods.
- Must be knowledgeable in plate presentation – depth, flavor and guest needs.
- Must be familiar with the operation of kitchen equipment.
- Must have capability to demand quality and maintain guest satisfaction with tact and discretion.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
- Good organization and communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Kitchen/EDR in a National Park hotel environment.
- Climate control equipment may or may not be present.
- Job requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 50 lbs., and repetitive motions.
- Kitchen environment may have times of high noise levels.
- Position will require working in coolers, freezers and other areas of varying temperature.
- Flexible scheduling and varied hours required, including weekends, holidays, AM/PM and split shifts.
- Non-smoking environment.