Glacier Park, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
COOK 2 (CANADA)
at Glacier Park, Inc.
- Location : Location
- CA-AB-Waterton Park
- Job ID
Cook 2 is an entry-level position in the culinary department that prepares food items, produces and assists in preparation of daily menu items in accordance with all company recipes. Work in a variety of stations, to produce quality and timely hot/cold food for guests and staff in a clean, safe and sanitary manner. Must adhere to all food safety and sanitation regulations and requirements. Will be required to assist in maintaining sanitation for the kitchen when and as needed or assigned. Assists in other departments or with other job duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Assists in producing a quality product in a timely fashion for guests and employees.
- Assists Sous Chefs, EDR Manager and cooks with preparation of soups, sauces, entrees, cold side items, salads, desserts and EDR production.
- Works in designated station as set by Location Chef/Sous Chef.
- Checks supplies, prep lists, and ensures all items are prepared and stocked in a timely fashion.
- Follows all set recipes and standards as set by company.
- Prepares food for menu as ordered by Waitstaff for guests and for employee dining room (EDR).
- Assists with a variety of tasks for employee cafeteria operations to include food prepping & production, set up, food service, break down and clean up as required.
- Communicates when items are running low or need to be ordered to sous chef or location chef when and as needed.
- Assist with putting away orders and keeping clean and neat storage areas to include walk-ins, refrigerators and coolers.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen equipment, utensils, dishes, pots, pans, glassware, tables, refrigerators, deep fat fryers, ovens, ranges and all other work areas in accordance with sanitation regulations.
- May periodically train new employees or staff from other departments.
- May assist with stocking and inventory control, unloading of trucks, organization of storeroom, etc.\
- Maintains a clean and safe workstation and assist in the overall sanitation and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- When required, works dish machine to properly and safely clean dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and glassware.
- Completes GPC sanitation program.
- Complies with all health and safety codes in handling and storage of all food products and kitchen equipment.
- Adheres to all company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments and with other duties as assigned.
This list of duties is intended to be representative of many of the tasks associated with this role.
However, Pursuit and The Glacier Park Collection reserve the right to modify, add, remove, or
otherwise change duties at their discretion based on the needs of the business.
- Culinary degree or training is preferred.
- Previous commercial kitchen experience preferred.
- Must know or be able to quickly learn basic cooking techniques.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation policies.
- Must be able to perform all manual aspects of kitchen operations.
- Must be able to read and write clearly.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and respectfully with coworkers and guests.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers.
- Must be respectful of diversity and possess the ability to work effectively with all experience levels of staff
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a solid attention to detail.
- Must bring a keen eye for detail, organization, safety and cleanliness to improve GPC back-of-house culinary operations
- Must bring a positive, helpful, team-oriented, “we can do this together” attitude to all aspects of the job that inspires others
- Must exhibit a real curiosity about the business for not only F&B, but also GPC and for Pursuit overall
- Must ask good questions and drill down into details to improve the business
- Must process information quickly and take initiative to recommend solutions to F&B challenges
- Must stay cool under pressure by being resilient, adaptable and flexible
- Must possess the ability to expedite production line during service period
- Must possess the ability to work multiple stations, work off of a production list and complete station set up in the time allotted
- Has midlevel knife skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Montana and must be eligible to work in the United States.
- High volume Kitchen/EDR production in a hotel setting.
- National Park setting.
- Climate control equipment may or may not be present.
- Position requires working in varying degrees of temperature, including within coolers and freezers.
- Position requires sharing space and equipment with other kitchen personnel.
- Job requires standing for long periods, walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, occasionally to frequently lifting up to 50 lbs., and repetitive motions.
- Kitchen environment may have times of high noise levels.
- Non-smoking environment.
- Flexible schedules and varied shifts, AM/PM, split shifts, weekend and holidays required.
- Exposure to hazardous materials and cleaning products may occur – knowledgeable and able to practice injury/accident prevention methods.