Glacier Park, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE
at Glacier Park, Inc.
- Location : Location
- Job ID
The Guest Service Associate is responsible for providing an exceptional level of guest services to all patrons. The GSA checks guests in/out of hotel in a courteous, enthusiastic and efficient manner. Handles money, guest inquiries/complaints, telephones, and computerized (Maestro) registration system, all with attention to detail while providing friendly, efficient and professional services. Guest Services Associates may be required to work the overnight shift on a rotating basis and assist with other duties as requested.
- Arrives to work on time and in proper uniform.
- Greets guests in courteous and welcoming manner.
- Registers and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room keys and provides escort instructions to bell staff.
- Continually communicates with housekeeping to update the status of room readiness, arrivals and departures.
- Offers information pertaining to available services, points of interest and entertainment attractions, including; information on guest shuttles/transportation services, and outside activities such as rafting, tours or guided hikes, etc. May arrange for other special guest services on request.
- May make and confirm reservations for other GPI locations according to procedure.
- Presents statements to departing guests and receives payment, counts money to verify amounts, records monetary transactions, and issues receipts for funds received. Issues change when necessary.
- Communicates with the Guest Service Manager to coordinate shuttles leaving or arriving at each location.
- Handles all phases of guest/tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, and preparing coupons.
- Prepares folios for each guest account. Records advance deposits, credit transfers, cash and check payments and tour tickets. Records dining room, bar, and gratuity charges. Keeps ledger on all cash transactions.
- Notifies Guest Service Manager of all guest complaints and brings requests for refunds to Managers attention.
- Receives and coordinates wake-up calls.
- May handle lost and found items, tagging them with the date and place found, following proper procedures for forwarding to the Housekeeping department.
- Reconciles all transactions in order to verify daily drop amounts.
- May operate the hotel PBX switchboard for incoming & outgoing calls. Turns on/off in-house guest phones upon arrival and departure.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by Guest Service Manager.
- Guest Service Associates may be required to work the overnight (night-audit) shift on a rotating basis. Functions will also include the following:
- Prepares express checkout folios for delivery and coordinates delivery with security.
- Provides key inventory to Guest Services Manager daily.
- Prepares statements, folios, and key envelopes for following day.
- Cleans lobby and front desk area as needed or requested.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
This list of duties is intended to be representative of many of the tasks associated with this role. However, Pursuit and the Glacier Park Collection reserve the right to modify, add, remove, or otherwise change duties at their discretion based on the needs of the business.
- Hospitality degree, education or equivalent in work experience required.
- Previous guest service and cash handling experience required.
- Previous front desk experience helpful.
- Ability to learn, retain and communicate knowledge of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, calculators, cash registers, multi-line phone systems, etc. preferred.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including; overnights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with a solid attention to detail.
- Must bring a keen eye for detail, organization, safety and cleanliness to improve GPC operations.
- Must bring a positive, helpful, team-oriented, “we can do this together” attitude to all aspects of the job that inspires others.
- Must exhibit a real curiosity about the business for GPC and for Pursuit overall.
- Must ask good questions and drill down into details to improve the business.
- Must process information quickly and take initiative to recommend solutions to challenges.
- Must stay cool under pressure by being resilient, adaptable and flexible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Montana and must be eligible to work in the United States. Pursuit is an Equal Opportunity employer.
- Front Desk area of hotel in a National Park setting.
- Job requires constant standing and frequent walking.
- Job may require assisting with luggage and lifting in excess of 25 lbs.
- Job may require the use of stairs, while assisting guests with luggage and requests. Elevators are not present.
- Non-smoking environment.