Granite County Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Granite County Medical Center
- Philipsburg, MT, USA
- Full Time
Responsible for the direction, management and regulatory compliance of dietary services delivered to the Nursing Home, Hospital, staff and guests. Plans, directs and coordinates food services provided to residents/patients/staff and visitors in accordance with community standards of practice, facility policies and current federal and state regulations. Supervise and direct dietary staff. Perform duties of lead cook.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Supervises and directs the dietary services of the Nursing Home and Hospital.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with state/federal/local regulations and guidelines as applicable to dietary services.
- Is an active participant in interdisciplinary teams to provide quality, comprehensive care to residents/patients within the facility, including but not limited to: Quality Improvement, Department Head meetings and resident Care Plan meetings.
- Develops/implements policies and procedures for Dietary Services.
- Manages the daily menu including recipes, ingredients, food textures, and specialized diets in accordance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Manages dietary supplies, orders necessary items, performs inventory, ensures proper storage of all supplies and equipment.
- Supervises Dietary Staff including scheduling of dietary staff members. Ensures appropriate levels of dietary staff on duty at all times.
- Oversees regulatory compliance with the Resident Assessment Instrument/Minimum Data Set dietary section K.
- Investigates, tracks and trends incidents related to kitchen safety and infection control.
- Communicates with residents/families/friends/social services staff, physicians to discuss and act on concerns related to dietary needs.
- Interview and hire dietary staff within facility policy. Has the authority to terminate within the same policy.
- Responsible for evaluation and disciplinary processes of dietary staff.
- Performs functions of lead cook including meal preparation and clean up according to the established menu cycle.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Provides staff education in areas of expertise related to quality patient/resident care and safety.
- Participate on organizational Quality Improvement Circles as requested.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Administrator. #ZR