Great Falls Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Great Falls Public Schools
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1119
Categories: Education - Faculty
Openings as of 10/16/2019
- Substitute Teachers JobID: 1119
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District-wide PURPOSE: A substitute teacher is responsible for providing instruction, managing the classroom environment, and promoting student learning in the absence of the regular classroom teacher.
- The ability to teach scheduled classes in the absence of the regularly scheduled teacher.
- Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited high school or General Education Certificate (GED).
- Montana Teaching License preferred.
- Candidate must hold a valid Montana Teaching License for long-term substitute positions.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to follow both oral and written directions and instructions.
- Ability to communicate in both oral and written means.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to students, parents, and staff.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
- Ability to be professional in appearance, attitude and demeanor.
LOCATION: District-wide (substitutes)
SALARY: $75 per workday for non-licensed substitute teachers; ½ day pay is $37.50
$80 per workday for licensed substitute teachers; ½ day pay is $40.00
After 30 days of work, receive a $5 per day increase and after 75 days of work,
the $5 per day increase becomes permanent and rolls over every school year.
Long Term Substitute Teaching Contracts are available for licensed substitute
teachers after the teacher has been absent for 35 consecutive days.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Letter of interest and Resume must be received in the Frontline Application System () by the closing date.