Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 9447_1537272
Kelly Inns, Ltd.
Job Title: General Manager-Limited Service Properties
Reports To: District or Regional Manager
Location: Billings, MT
Position Overview :
Responsible for all hotel operations. These operations include administrative, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and guest services. This position is responsible for the overall financial aspects and sales and marketing of the operation with guidance given by the immediate supervisor. This position is responsible for safety and security and overall maintenance of the building. This position also directs the operations of the property ensuring the highest levels of guest and associate satisfaction while maximizing revenues, profitability, and efficiency. Must have commitment to company values.
Essential Functions :
* Directs the operations of the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance. Oversees and participates in the hiring, training, scheduling, disciplinary action, terminating, and management of all hotel staff. Must provide leadership, guidance and coaching to the staff to enable them to achieve the highest standards of performance. Labor costs must be monitored and kept within labor goals. 15% of overall duties
* In conjunction with the Regional/District Manager develops the annual operating budget and business plan. Implements and monitors the finalized budget on a monthly basis. Analyzes monthly profit and loss statements and accounts for variances via preparation of a monthly report. In conjunction with the District/Regional manager, develops a five-year capital budget annually and submits to the President for approval. Responsible for the approval of and monitoring all budgeted capital expenditures maintaining running budget and expense totals. Communicate progress of projects with Regional/District Manager. 5% of overall duties
* Performs all property sales and marketing activities. Soliciting new accounts and maintains existing accounts. Develops promotional ideas for review and approval by the Regional/District manager. Aware of the competitions business practices, room rates and occupancy. Responsible for tracking all sales staff results and media placement results. 10% of overall duties
* Is active in the Convention and Visitors Bureau and/or Chamber of Commerce. Must be a positive community leader. 5% of overall duties
* Performs regular property inspections and ensures the highest quality standards of guest service, proper guestroom cleanliness, property maintenance are achieved. Inspects the property regularly and implements action to ensure the safety and comfort of guests and associates from fire, injury, or illness due to unsafe or unsanitary conditions. Must adhere to all local, state, and federal codes and franchise and AAA requirements. 5% of overall duties
* Performs administrative duties as outlined in the Kelly Inn Operations Manual, Safety Manual and Accounting Manual. Must be very active in revenue management. This includes, but not limited to rates, yield, packages, competitive surveys and reservation system management. 5% of overall duties
* Ensures proper procedures in the handling of cash & check procedures, maintains managers account, makes deposits, credit card authorizations and deposits, and is responsible for the security of the property safe. Ensures that the safe count is accurate and that the night audit is balanced. This position also requires the reviewing of all voids and adjustments daily for control purposes. Must ensure sales tax balances daily and proper paperwork for tax-exempt revenue is complete and reported to corporate office. 5% of overall duties
* Prepares all required reports and paperwork, ensuring that reports for the Home Office and/or Regional/District manager are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis. 5% of overall duties
* Ensures guest satisfaction by responding to guest issues, resolving guest complaints and greeting in-house guests. 5% of overall duties
* Prepares payroll, deposits, charge-backs and monitors accounts receivable. Maintains daily checks in these areas. Also, approves supply purchases and obtains contractual bids from vendors. Review and processes any write-offs with approval of District/Regional manager. Complete asset sold schedule anytime a hotel item is sold or disposed of. 5% of overall duties
* Responsible for the vending machines (emptying money) and compiling the total dollars for miscellaneous income. 5% of overall duties
* Must ensure that property controls are in place regarding the cash, inventories, delivery procedures, key control and all other security issues. 5% of overall duties
* Will work on average 50-55 hours a week. Slow times of the year may be less and peak times of the year may be more. Staffing levels may also dictate the number of hours required. 5% of overall duties
* During slow times or staff shortages, the general manager will be expected to cover front desk shifts, assist in sales, help clean rooms, or assist in maintenance. 5% of overall duties
* Monitors guest ledger and city ledger balances. Responsible for approval and collection of all city ledger accounts. Also monitors inventory levels on a timely basis. 5% of overall duties
* Will conduct department meetings and safety meetings as needed or required. Will complete safety reports and send to home office in a timely manner. 5% of overall duties
* Performs insurance/incident reporting as needed and copies sent to home office in a timely manner. 5% of overall duties
* Performs other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
* Must travel to annual meetings and required franchise or company training and/or conventions and any other travel as requested.
* If no maintenance manager, see job description of chief engineer.
Physical Qualifications :
Requires the ability to walk and stand during long lengths of time. Requires ability to lift 20 to 30 pounds intermittently during the workday. Must be able to climb steps in hotels that do not provide elevators. Must be able to use computer for daily work. Must be able to verbally communicate to staff.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
A college degree in management is preferred but not required
If no maintenance manager, must have or obtain the qualifications of the maintenance manager
Experience: A minimum of 2-5 years of hotel experience working in a number of different departments within the hotel
A minimum of two years experience supervising hotel staff
In depth knowledge of front desk reservation systems
Basic computer knowledge in spreadsheets and word processing
This job description and time percentages may be changed and updated at any time.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!