Idaho Forest Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controls Technician (St. Regis, MT)
at Idaho Forest Group
Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking a Controls Technician to join our team.
Install and maintain electrical systems and components throughout mill in optimal working order.
• Comprehend and perform all duties in accordance with rules, regulations and JSAs
• Design and/or manage the controls and automation portions of capital and maintenance projects
• Oversee new scanning and data collection installations
• Continue conversion from ControlNet to Ethernet
• Design HMI and Panel-View screens to increase operator awareness and ease of troubleshooting
• Program reader boards
• Provide backup support for IT
• Maintain intranet and act as communication liaison to all plant personnel and vendors
• Work with management to establish and maintain a robust, viable, long- term automation plan
• Installation, repair and maintenance of electrical components
• Diagnose causes of malfunctions
• Continually work on preventative maintenance
• Ensure inventory of critical spare parts
• Work with, assist and train electricians in controls, automation, networks, etc.
• Consistently keep a production level work pace
• Other duties as needed
Specific job duties and shifts may vary per mill and based on machinery.
• Journeyman’s License preferred but not required
• Preferred Experience in • Rockwell Automation Software • PLC 5/SLC500 • Control LOGIX 5000 Controllers • Powerflex 700 and 750 Series Drives • RS NETWORX ControlNet and DeviceNet Systems • Delta RMC Motion Controllers • Wonderware HMI Software • Panelview • Cmore • Factory Talk
• Ability to work at varying heights
• Own tools
• Must be able to work various shifts, days, and overtime as needed
• High School Diploma or GED (or willingness to quickly obtain one as a condition of employment)
• Valid Driver’s License is required for business travel
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.