Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Project Manager
at McKinstry Co.
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here’s where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager to join the team as a member of our growing Platform PNW Energy division in Montana.
What you’re great at:
- Identifying required resources to achieve project goals.
- Generating preliminary assessments, technical solutions, fee proposals, presentations, studies, and general support.
- Being the primary contact for project engineering staff during construction.
- Transitioning project management and engineer activities from design to construction phase and construction to completion phase.
- Communicating with the General Contractor, Architect, Engineer, Owner, and other stakeholders.
- Supporting and providing input to development strategies, goals, and objectives specific to project execution at each project phase.
- Developing and managing project plans, schedules and scopes of work.
- Defining project responsibilities to project management, engineering and field staff.
- Documenting and resolving subcontractor and vendor billing issues.
- Assisting the business development team in responding to requests for proposal and bid process.
- Assesing site safety and implements actions to prevent injury to property and personnel.
- Ensuring safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel.
- Assuming financial responsibility for project including accurate, timely and relevant reporting to stakeholders.
- Facilitating invoice payments from clients and to subcontractors.
- Reviewing and approving subcontractor billing.
- Preparing client and subcontractor change orders.
- Monitoring, controlling and reporting on the financial performance of projects.
- Drafting subcontracts and purchase agreements.
- Monitoring and proofing change issue log.
- Creating and maintaining network and hardcopy files.
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of Submittals, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Expediting Reports, Change Order Log, RFI log, Correspondence Log, etc.
- Assessing any potential job cost impacts, submits, negotiates and tracks all change orders requests.
- Preparing or supervising the preparation of Job Start and Project Closeout materials.
- Reviewing contracts, drawings, specifications and other resources to answer questions in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all material and equipment is purchased in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Evaluating bid estimates, developing cost codes, establishing definitive budgets, developing manpower plan with Superintendents, and monitoring field labor progress.
- Taking responsibility for the development and implementation of a comprehensive construction plan.
- Monitoring the progress towards goals to anticipate potential problems.
- Delivering accurate and timely data to support project forecasts.
- Coaching and mentoring project team members.
- Developing project staffing plans to include labor, subcontractors, etc.
- Acting as steward of McKinstry culture; communicate and influence policies and procedures.
- Establishing and leading associated meetings.
- Defining individual project responsibilities and accountabilities.
What we’d like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience required.
- Five (5) years of experience in project management, engineering, or construction is required.
- Proficient with scheduling software: Microsoft Project, Primavera and/or Suretrak required.
- Completed OSHA 30 class is required.
- Experience working for a General Contractor or Major Mechanical Subcontractor preferred.
- PE, CPM, LEED professional designations is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and required.
- Basic estimating skills required.
- RCDD, CPM professional designation is preferred.
- Proficient with construction financial programs and software preferred.
- Demonstrates an understanding of accounting and financial management preferred.
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.