Midwest Motor Express
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FT Shop Mechanic with Excellent Benefits - Billings, MT
at Midwest Motor Express
- 09-Sep-2019 to 08-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Billings, MT, USA
- Full Time
Are you looking for a career in a challenging and fast-paced industry essential to the American economy? Are you looking for a company that has an outstanding reputation for getting the job done?
If so, Midwest Motor Express, Inc. can offer great opportunities.
Midwest Motor Express, Inc. has been in operation since 1918, providing complete transportation solutions. Shipping locally, statewide, nationwide or internationally, Midwest Motor Express provides fast, accurate, and seamless service. The Commercial Carrier Journal has consistently ranked Midwest Motor Express as one of the top performing for-hire carriers among all carriers. Midwest Motor Express employs over 775 positions at 30 terminals across 15 states in the Midwest and Pacific Northwest.
Midwest Motor Express offers some of the best benefits in the industry, including:
- Competitive Compensation & paid weekly
- FREE employee only High Deductable Health Plan with associated Health Savings Account
- Traditional Health Insurance available
- Vision & Dental Insurance available
- Group Disability, accident, medical bridge, and critical illness coverage available
- 401K plan with company match
- Paid Vacation & Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Company-Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Will Planning Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1 year experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in time-sensitive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both staff and customers
- Ability to work under pressure
- Forklift experience
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling throughout shift
- Ability to lift/carry hand items of varying weights, to lift 75 lbs.
- Current class A CDL or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire if needed
- Must have own tools and willing to help with dock and facility maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on heavy duty tractors and trailers.
- Trouble shoot and repair electrical, lighting, suspension, engine, drive train, brakes, air cooling and fuel systems on tractors.
- Use of forklift, dolly, manlift, vehicle hoist, welding equipment, and other shop equipment.
- Performs duties that include, but are not limited to welding, cutting, grinding, painting, etc., to repair body and chassis components in environment that may include noise, exposure to dust and dirt, solvents and propellants, fuels, oils, exhaust fumes, welding fumes.
- Properly complete work orders and related paper work, perform data entry on computers.
- Communicate effectively with both drivers and Terminal Managers to gather information needed to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Perform duties in various situations such as working under and on top of high vehicles, in sometimes diverse weather conditions.
- Abide by all company safety policies
- Accurate reporting of all paperwork
- Inform Supervisor of any incidents or issues.
- Other duties as assigned