OBEC Consulting Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Water Resources Design Engineer
at OBEC Consulting Engineers
Are you passionate about water resources engineering? Are you looking for exciting new challenges as part of an established team?
DOWL is seeking an enthusiastic Water Resources Engineer to join our dams and irrigation group in Montana. DOWL’s team of Water Resource Engineers provides a wide range of services including rehabilitation and replacement designs of diverse water resources infrastructure; hydrologic and hydraulic modeling; stormwater master planning and design; watershed modeling; and stream restoration and fish passage design. Our most significant need is currently in the design and management of irrigation infrastructure projects. DOWL’s irrigation personnel provide analysis and design of irrigation infrastructure rehabilitation, modernization, and replacement projects with a diverse resume of unique projects. Our projects and clients span the western United States from Alaska to Arizona and from Montana to Washington. The position will involve a wide range of responsibilities and work assignments, including both office and field work.
Typical tasks for this position will include:
- Assist with Project and Task Manager work for moderate to complex, interdisciplinary projects
- Conduct field reviews and inspections of canals, dams, and other hydraulic structures
- Planning, layout, and design for a variety of irrigation infrastructure rehabilitation, replacement, and modernization projects
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analyses and design of various types of hydraulic structures and provide supervision and technical review of similar work products developed by others
- Assist with the development of irrigation rehabilitation and modernization master plans
- Supervise preparation of construction drawings and specifications
- Write reports
- Conduct periodic site visits to construction sites to monitor quality and progress of work
- Assist in the completion of other Water Practice projects and tasks including bridges, culverts, drainage systems, dams, and other hydraulic facilities
The successful candidate will:
- Develop creative and cost-effective design solutions to challenging water infrastructure projects
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams and contribute in meaningful ways
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Communicate with project partners and clients
- Apply state-of-the-art tools, including CAD, GIS, HEC-HMS, and HEC-RAS, to perform hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Experience a diverse range of work environments
- Travel locally and out of state to project sites for meetings or field work
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks
To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
B.S. degree in a Civil, Agricultural, or Bioresource engineering program with significant coursework in water resources and at least 4 years of progressive experience in analysis and design experience in the water resource engineering field.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a M.S. degree and/or 7 or more years of progressive experience with analysis and design in the water resource engineering field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- PE Required: This position is for a licensed engineer to practice geotechnical engineering in the state of primary practice or should be licensed in a different state with the ability to get the required license within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
To review the full job description and to apply for this position, please go to our website: www.dowl.com.