Partners In Home Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospice Social Worker - Full Time or Part Time
at Partners In Home Care
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: Social Worker - Hospice
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
STATUS: Full-Time (FTE 1.0 - 40 hours/week) OR Part Time (FTE 0.8 - 32 hours/week), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
The Hospice Social Worker enables hospice clients and their families to deal more effectively with the psychosocial implications of their illnesses through counseling, education and referrals to community resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and evaluates social and emotional factors of hospice clients and their families.
- Counsels clients and families on the adjustment to terminal illnesses and end-of-life issues.
- Instructs on availability of, and provides referrals to, appropriate community resources.
- May provide grief and bereavement counseling to clients and their families.
- Provides pertinent information related to the psychosocial status of clients and their families to hospice case managers and other social workers.
- Facilitates groups pertaining to end-of-life.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include MSW or LCSW from an accredited institution, a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 1 year of previous experience as social worker in a medical setting preferred. Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations, death and grief issues, Condition of Participation, and community resources preferred.