Partners In Home Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Home Health
at Partners In Home Care
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: RN Case Manager - Hospice
LOCATION: Missoula, MT.
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5. This position participates in rotating on-call, weekend, and holiday coverage.
The RN – Case Manager provides skilled home health nursing and case management for assigned patients in their place of residence; coordinates and integrates services through a team approach to ensure continuity of care; and uses the nursing process of assessment, planning and implementation of care, including patient/family instruction and evaluation, while meeting productivity standards established for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides skilled nursing and coordinated patient care planning in a residential setting through a team approach.
- Assesses, plans interventions and evaluates patients’ physical and psychosocial status including changes in condition and/or reactions to treatments or medications for the duration of contact with patients.
- Assures continuity of care through effective communication, information exchange and case conferences with other disciplines, community health, support and social agencies. Communicates effectively with team (including Home Health Aides, LPNs and rehabilitation staff).
- Provides quality care and appropriate symptom management for positive clinical outcomes and promotes optimal health and quality of life through teaching, counseling, appropriate interventions and referrals.
- Performs skilled nursing tasks, such as catheter insertion and care; colostomy, trach and IV care; and blood draws.
- Notifies Nurse Supervisor of any patient problems or changes.
- Maintains accurate, current and complete patient records in accordance with Agency standards and OASIS requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of current reimbursement rules and regulations.
- Participates in team scheduling coordination.
- Participates in “on-call” rotation schedule as necessary to meet patient care needs by assessing and evaluating patient needs via telephone and advising or making home visits as required.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and attends in-service training as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skill / Requirements
Qualifications include a current RN license in the State of Montana (BSN preferred), a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 2 years of recent RN experience in acute care, home care or hospice, including such clinical skills as venipuncture, catheterization, wound care and/or parenteral therapy preferred.