Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Benefits Development Specialist
at PayneWest Insurance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Customer Service/Support
PayneWest is looking for a vibrant and knowledgeable insurance professional to work within our Benefits Division. Our ideal candidate will be an accommodating and motivated individual who possesses a broad understanding and working knowledge of employee benefits. They will be skilled at interacting with a wide variety of individuals and adept at cultivating an understanding of our industry, carriers, client service, desk management, compliance and agency processes.
At PayneWest, we will give you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success but you will need to supply the ambition. Our colleagues don’t stop short of excellence and are driven to do what’s best for their colleagues.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- In conjuction with Benefits leadership, develop a curriculum for all Benefits colleagues and monitor their progress to ensure high quality service and compliance to agency standards.
- Provide meaningful and specific support to client relations and sales colleagues to further enhance their development.
- Play an active role in the Benefits Division and perform in an active service role on books of business when staffing shortages occur.
- Champion and educate on technical and automation tools for internal effeciency and client solutions
- Partner with IT, accounting and quality assurance colleagues on cross-functional projects.
- Plus (the fine print): you’ll follow organization policies and procedures, sales and service standards and established workflows. You’ll ensure quality control through proper file documentation and maintenance. You’ll maintain confidentiality and be an all-around awesome member of our team.
THE PERSON WE’RE SEARCHING FOR
- You’re a mastermind of all things related to employee benefits. You’re highly skilled at understanding and conveying the technical aspects of our industry. Also, we would prefer that you hold a current Life & Health license and that you have at least two years of employee benefits agency experience.
- You’re a developement genius. You’re motivated to develop people and talented at understanding and identifying ongoing learning opportunities. Also, you’re confident in your ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You’re thorough, detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- You’re tech savvy. You have experience working with various automation systems. Also, we would prefer that you have experience using the EPIC agency management system.
- You’re good with people, even on the tough days. Being a helpful colleague is just part of who you are, and you love making people happy.
- You’re team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues—and you enjoy it.
- You’re that person everyone can depend on—to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You love to learn. You’re earnest about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity and respect
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we’re committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function.
We think we’ve developed a pretty great work culture. We got to where we are today through collaboration, innovation, and an unwavering commitment to doing what’s right. We strive for continuous improvement and excellence in our industry and our communities. We respect quality of life and nurture a balanced personal and professional environment. We treat our clients, colleagues and communities with fairness, decency and good citizenship.