Rocky Mountain Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Banking Manager Senior
at Rocky Mountain Bank
Rocky Mountain Bank is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Senior Retail Banking Manager is a Senior Management position responsible for the oversight of all aspects of Retail Banking and sales performance and is a key member of the Rocky Mountain Bank senior management team. This position is accountable for the bank’s consumer deposit and loan growth, sales, and profit goals as well providing day-to-day leadership, coaching and development of Retail staff.
1. Manage bank sales and service activities using qualitative and quantitative measures and establish sales goals and activities to:
a.Attain new customer relationships
b.Deepen and retain existing relationships.
2. Develop staff through ongoing and inspirational coaching. Must ensure that all team members are personally committed to consistently exceeding customer expectations at every touch, including the following:
a.Hire, train and discipline Retail staff ( including new employee on-boarding)
b.Lead, coach, observe, and evaluate Retail staff
c.Manage and motivate Retail team to increase sales and ensure efficiency
d.Own training the Heartland Referral Program at the bank level for all employees
e.Accurate and timely administration of Retail Team members’ monthly incentive payments and evaluations
f.Assure delivery and supports the Heartland Retail sales training, "Selling From the Heartland"
g.Establish annual sales goals with direct reports for individual sales staff. Monitor progress on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
h.Participate regularly branch meetings.
i.Plan, organize, and present a bi-monthly retail sales meeting for the Retail Banking Department.
j.Support and use CRM for sales management needs.
k.Actively adopt the Cohen Brown Sales Management process
3. Has input to the development and implement the Retail Strategic Plan to meet the bank’s one-year operating plan and work toward accomplishing 3-5 year corporate objectives.
4. Analyze and control expenditures of the Retail Banking Department to conform to budgetary requirements.
5. Consistently monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
6. Work independently or with the Heartland Product Development Committee to design, price, promote, and deliver new products to retail customers.
7. Work with the Marketing Department to maintain a consistent level of marketing support for bank products and services.
8. Frequent interaction with Heartland Retail leadership and corporate support functions including, Marketing, Deposit and Loan Operations, HTLF Investment Services, Wealth Advisory Services, Treasury Management, Business Banking and outside vendors. Periodic interaction with bank customers, and centers of influence.
9. Serve as a member of the following committees or teams:
a.Bank Senior Management
b.Asset Liability Management Committee (ALCO)
c.Monthly Compliance conference call
d.Monthly Retail conference call
10. Represent the bank through involvement in community organizations and events.
11. Assess market potential and allocate resources to achieve optimal growth.
12. Comply with all laws, regulations, standards, and values
13. Complete annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
14. Perform other duties as assigned
This position does have supervisory responsibilities
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or successful completion of a banking industry-sponsored graduate school
2. Minimum of 3-5 years experience in banking.
3. Previous customer-facing banking experience and demonstrated understanding of retail, business and commercial banking products
4. Understanding of credit principles and practices
5. Ability to initiate without prompting and coordinate multiple projects at one time.
6. Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
7. The ability to analyze, comprehend, and deduce insights from activity based and overall performance metrics and reports in both graphical and numerical form is a must. This will require the use of Excel and various pieces of technology, as well as the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must have the ability to apply concepts, such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Must have familiarity with financial ratios and analysis.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Rocky Mountain Bank offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring our customers the personal attention they deserve backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Rocky Mountain Bank’s team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will