Ronan School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Assistant Cook
at Ronan School District
This position is for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
JOB GOAL: To assist in any area of food preparation, transporting and serving breakfast
and lunch within the School District No.30.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for the position.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 18 years of age or older
3. Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with students, parents, and staff
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions with speed and accuracy
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality
6. Ability to prepare food, including meats and other main dishes, salads, sandwiches, desserts, work with portion control, and handle money
7. Ability to learn to operate industrial dishwashers, mixers, ovens, other related school kitchen equipment, appliances, and utensils
8. Ability to supervise student helpers who work in the kitchen/cafeteria
9. Perform physical requirements which may include:
A. Moderate degree of physical stamina and frequent lifting up to 50 lbs.
B. Frequent walking, bending, reaching, twisting, and prolonged periods of standing
C. Exposure to noise, heat, cold, hot and cold surfaces, and sharp and moving equipment
D. Requires coordination and dexterity to prepare foods
E. Ability to move freely around the kitchen and storage areas to perform food preparation and food serving duties
10. Such alternative to the above requirements as the Administration may deem appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
1. Assist in the routine preparation duties, (i.e., food preparation, set up serving areas, etc.)
2. Assist in the serving of the food to students and staff making sure that supplies of food and beverages are maintained and spills cleaned up
3. Assist in the cleaning up, putting food away, storing equipment, washing dishes, scrubbing pans, cleaning food serving areas, sinks, tables, etc.
4. Assist in maintaining an inventory of food and equipment
5. Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students and staff
6. Transport food to other school locations as assigned
7. Participate in in-service programs as assigned
8. Act as a friendly ambassador for the School District No.30
9. Perform such other tasks (which may require knowledge of other job descriptions) as may deem to be appropriate to the Administration.
10. Maintains satisfactory attendance, as defined in District policy and regulations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, BONDING, AND/OR TESTING REQUIRED:
1. Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
2. Pre-employment physical may be required
3. Must possess a valid Food Handler's Certificate (training available in house)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Days and hours to be arranged, with salary according to current schedule.
EVALUATION: Following the probationary period, performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Secretary to the Superintendent|
|Phone||406-676-3390 ext. 7200|
Monday, January 14, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)