Ronan School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Substitute School Bus Driver
at Ronan School District
RONAN SCHOOL DISTRICT NO 30
Job Title: BUS DRIVER
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor and Superintendent
Evaluated By: Transportation Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To safely transport eligible riders to and from school.
- Five years licensed driving experience
- Valid Montana Class B, Type 2 license, minimum, out of state and Type 1 for interstate, air endorsement, passenger endorsement and after October 1, 2005 S-endorsement.
- Medical exam on appropriate form signed by a licensed physician.
- Current first aid card.
- Current Montana School Bus Driver’s certificate signed by the Board Chairperson on file with the County Superintendent of Schools and the Pupil Transportation Department of the Office of Public Instruction.
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint Clearance
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- To attend the in-service workshops provided by the district.
- To make pre-trip inspections and promptly report any needed repairs to the bus mechanic using the proper procedure.
- To safely transport all eligible riders in adherence to Montana Motor Vehicle Codes and all other state and local board rules and regulations.
- To uniformly and consistently enforce the discipline policy.
- To promptly and accurately collect the data required by the District Office.
- To fuel and wash buses as needed.
- To maintain an accurate record of fuel purchases to include date, odometer reading, and quantity of fuel purchased. This record should be given to the Transportation Supervisor on the last working day of each month.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise students while transporting them.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2 years experience driving a bus or comparable vehicle; or an equivalent combination of education and experience as determined by the District. Must possess a clean driving record and be able to pass a physical including a drug test.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. Ability to read and understand maps. Ability to physically manage students and equipment. Be able to observe unusual student behavior and advise supervisor. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Trustees policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally required to walk or stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this position. The employee is frequently repeats the same hand, arm or finger motions many times. The frequently uses hand strength to grasp equipment or tools and is continuously driving on the job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds such as students. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to hear common noises associated with driving and have the ability to load, unload and transport mobility impaired students.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and will occasionally walk on slippery surfaces. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with the public and other workers. The employee has direct responsibility for the safety, and well being of others.
The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud to where you have to raise your voice to be heard.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually.
Job Contact Information
|Title||Secretary to the Superintendent|
|Phone||(406) 676-3390 ext. 7200|
Saturday, October 1, 2016 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)