Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Plumbing/Hardware/Electrical Department Manager (Full-Time)
We have career opportunity as a Department Manager of our Plumbing/Hardware/Electrical department. The Department Manager is responsible for merchandising and sales within his or her assigned department. Department Managers are responsible to provide the highest level of customer service and report to the Store Manager. This position will require ability to work days, nights, and an alternating weekend schedule. Extensive knowledge and understanding in plumbing, hardware, and electrical is preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate the merchandising of assigned products.
- Set priorities for distribution of new merchandise within the assigned department.
- Ensure adequate inventory in all areas of assigned department.
- Assist customers with purchases.
- Work closely with Retail Buyer(s) to ensure awareness of assigned department product needs and other product information.
- Assist with the training and direction provided to new department team members.
- Ensure that safety is practiced when handling merchandise by employees and customers.
Other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work an irregular work schedule
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- Frequent bending and twisting
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma preferred
- Customer Service training and or experience preferred.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Retail Store Environment.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
Computer Calculator Cash register-scanner
Telephone Fax Copy Machine
Computer software and network
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.