Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ferris Wheel Operator-Part time
at Scheels Sports
|Title:||Ferris Wheel Operator-Part time|
|Store Location:||Billings, MT|
- Bring your smile to work EVERY DAY!
- Welcome customers to the attraction and ensure they have a safe ride
- Operate the control console to start and stop the ferris wheel
- Maintain current knowledge of all control, loading, balancing, safety and emergency operating procedures
- Confirm customers meet height and other admission requirements to get on the ride
- Direct customers on how to enter and exit rides, at times helping customers on and off the ride
- Inform customers to fasten belt, bar, or other safety devices
- Maintain full attention on the ferris wheel operation at all times while the ride is moving
- Monitors the condition of the equipment and the operation of all moving parts at all times to ensure the ride is operating properly and safely
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- During down times, this team member will support other areas of the store by preparing product for display, etc.
- MUST provide above and beyond exceptional customer service to our customers
- Be professional at all times in both appearance and attitude
- Treat others with respect and consideration
- Highly organized, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and good problem solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret information relevant to this position such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and routine reports
- Must be at least 18 years old to operate the ferris wheel
- Able to lift or move up to 50 lbs.
Less than high school education; or up to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 8am and 9pm Monday through Saturday and 9am and 6pm on Sunday as schedules may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position would average 20 hours/week. We are flexible with scheduling with other employment or school.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.