Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Specialist
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- M-Th 8am-5pm & Sun 5:30am-2:30pm
Generally responsible for ensuring the highest product quality, customer service, and inventory accuracy for all internal and external customers. This position is both challenging and rewarding. The right candidate will possess initiative, ambition, motivation, and creativity, along with drive, determination, and desire to have a meaningful impact on our customers, fellow associates, and our company.
- Responsible for various facets of inventory and quality control in the Distribution Centers.
- Analyze inventory adjustment also checking on trends and making suggestions for improvements.
- Assist with cycle counting inventory as well as review, posting, variance research, and the approval process.
- Reconciliation of inventory adjustment codes.
- Monitor date management in inventory system to ensure accurate expiration and rotation of date restricted products.
- Assist in transfers of inventory both internal and from other distribution centers.
- Assist in logging, researching, and resolving all quality issues throughout the distribution center.
- Help ensure pallets placed on hold are reviewed, researched, and followed up on in a timely manner.
- Resolve weight and quantity inventory discrepancies between two inventory systems, ERP and WMS.
- Assist in the inspection of all returned product as necessary.
- Monitor and pull short dated product from inventory to adhere to customers service and food safety requirements.
- Record and monitor all shrinkage.
- Perform miscellaneous inventory verifications to support sales, procurement, and other departments.
- Monitor processes, making suggestions for improvements, and suggesting changes as necessary.
- Assist in training associates in all inventory related policies and procedures.
- Support Food Safety and HAACP initiatives and policies.
- Facilitate processes and procedure development for branch distribution centers, ensuring
- Write, review, standardize, and train on quality and inventory assurance tools.
- Provide food safety and security/QIA support during vacations, trainings, weekends, holidays, etc.
- Assist in product recalls. Must demonstrate competency and knowledge of responsibilities with respect to product safety, quality, and legality.
- Adhere to best-practice operating procedures for all activity and tasks.
- Collaboration with other departments.
- Daily inspections of In-Bound Produce Deliveries for quality concerns.
- Daily Inspection of In-House produce for quality concerns.
- Daily counts, temp recording, and monitoring of banana and tomatoes processes.
- Daily reporting to buyers and sales on produce quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent. A minimum of 1-year of college level coursework or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience in Inventory Control and Quality Assurance.
- At least 2 years experience with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office software.
- Food distribution knowledge extremely helpful.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Prioritize and organize workload in a high production environment.
- Solve problems and deal with all levels of Associates and Vendors.
- Remain productive with multiple interruptions and assist fellow employees when needed.
- Hands on training to use high pick machine.
- HAACP Certification preferred.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
- This individual will spend time in the Distribution Centers which have numerous operations machines that could be potentially dangerous.
- Counting at various heights from 0 to 40 feet in air.
- This individual must be willing/able to spend time in multiple temperature zones including a freezer to -10 degrees.
- This individual must be able to train and use high pick machine.
- Shift Days and Hours:
- Sunday 5:30 AM to 2:30 PM. (Working Produce QA)
- Monday-Thursday 8:AM to 5 PM (All areas of QA and Inventory Control)
- Some overtime will be required as needed.
STRESS (MENTAL DEMANDS):
- Must be able to remain on task with multiple telephone and human interruptions within a high paced, high volume environment.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to sit and/or stand up for 80% of the work day.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status