Stillwater Mining Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor - Fixed Plant Maintenance - Metallurgical Complex
at Stillwater Mining Company
- Columbus, MT, USA
- Full Time
Supervisor Fixed Plant Maintenance
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct supervision of the hourly workforce in the Base Metals Refinery, Smelter and Lab. Coordinate the selection, installation, testing and monitoring of new or specialized fixed plant equipment or testing devices. Understands and can articulate the specific short term and the general, longer-term goals of the company. Maintain, protect and preserve the facilities assets. Using hands-on experience training and knowledge to schedule and provide the resources for the completion of maintenance tasks. Must have excellent troubleshooting ability, technical knowledge of production equipment, computer operations with the ability to guide, direct and motivate maintenance personnel. Must be able to work any shift, including weekends as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment, safe work practices, good housekeeping, and strong safety culture.
- Responsible for maximizing the availability of all plant and equipment understanding that the direction of all routine maintenance activities shall be in line with company operating policies and procedures and shall ensure compliance with safety, legislative, environmental and certifying authority requirements.
- Responsible for coordinating, communication and directing the maintenance labor force, while coordinating with other company personnel, and management.
- Supervision of the hourly workforce, set expectations, evaluate operator performance, maintain work and training schedules, timecards, and other associated record keeping.
- Review and rationalize PM procedures, evaluate and optimize maintenance routines.
- Regularly review and monitor compliance with safe work systems and maintenance procedures.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of mechanical maintenance experience and 2 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and machinery functions in an industrial environment
- Ability to communicate with technical specialists and to interpret technical drawings and specification documents
- Must be Computer literate in Microsoft Office and CMMS systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analytically and rationally make decisions
- Experience with OSHA regulations
- Understanding of Process Operations
- Experience with Critical Task Analysis and the writing of Standard Operating Procedures
- General knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Understanding of company policies, procedures and standards