Stillwater Mining Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor - Mobile Equipment Maintenance
at Stillwater Mining Company
- Nye, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP
- Full Time
Supervisor Mobile Equipment Maint.
Overview: This position will report to the Mobile Maintenance General Foreman and is based at the Stillwater Mine.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Supervisor will provide leadership and supervision for safe, efficient, and sustainable operations in alignment with planned production goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: creating and integrating Weekly and Monthly Plans into daily Shift Plans, and communicating and executing those Shift Plans; providing visible leadership among crew and peers; developing and managing balanced work groups; allocating and sharing resources; collecting and communicating accurate information in a timely manner; and, setting area expectations, and holding crews accountable for working safely, performing quality work, communicating effectively, and taking care of equipment. This position requires routine communication, collaboration, and interaction with peers and management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment, safe work practices, and a strong safety culture.
- Ensure that employees have all the necessary tools, knowledge, and skills to perform their jobs safely and efficiently.
- Interface with Maintenance department on equipment requirements and activities. Execute and document Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Hold people accountable in a consistent manner, document performance as required, resolve non-conformance issues, and address employee issues with appropriate resources.
- Collect and assemble information to communicate accurate pass downs.
- Understand and work within the budget
- Develop backup plans to pre-empt changes and variances.
- Set and maintain standards and expectations for housekeeping.
- Coordinate and conduct work area inspections and safety meetings.
- Collaborate with the Training department, facilitate and document task training.
- Maximize the utilization of key equipment and systems in line with company operating policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental and certifying authority requirements.
- Communicate production and safety goals with the crew, maintain production and training schedules, manage timecards, and perform record keeping duties as directed.
- Create an environment that promotes teamwork and innovation, and actively seek feedback from the workforce for continuous improvements.
- Advise on the selection of prospective employees.
- Provide input and feedback on Business Improvement initiatives.
- Working knowledge of processing facility operations including safety, production, maintenance, economics, equipment, and staff utilization
- Working knowledge of applicable MSHA rules and regulations
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense and vision
- Excellent leadership abilities, including the ability to train and mentor hourly employees, assist in conflict resolution, and encourage teamwork.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to include the ability to effectively train employees on various assignments/equipment and accurate and detailed record keeping.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized training on mechanical systems and 3 to 5 years related experience or bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, hydraulics or related field
- Basic understanding of high and low voltage electricity
- Basic understanding of welding processes
- 3-5 years of underground maintenance experience
- Ability to use related O.E.M. manuals
- Understand, support, and maintain compliance of SMC's DPM program
- Understand, support and maintain compliance of SMC's Noise exposure reduction plan
- Will need to work rotating shifts
- Computer skills plus the ability to learn and utilize Company authorized software
- Independent Work Habits
- Working knowledge of underground mining with 2 to 5 years underground maintenance supervisory experience