Stillwater Mining Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UG Surveyor 1, 2, or 3
at Stillwater Mining Company
- Big Timber, MT, USA
- DOE + SIP
- Salaried - Non Exempt
Location: East Boulder Mine
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to Plan and execute surface and underground survey activities in a safe, efficient manner. Oversee and prepare maps and records of surveys; line and grade for UG excavations. Produce as-built drawings of excavations; measure excavation advances at determined intervals. Maintain and manage control point and survey files, both electronic and hard copy. Comply with State and Federal safety and environmental regulations and company policies and standards.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Leadership qualities including character, teamwork, communication, business sense, and vision.
- Complete understanding/compliance of Company safety policies and procedures and ability to maintain a strong focus on safety while completing all tasks.
- Can perform survey calculations such as two-point resection, horizontal & vertical curves, inverse between points, coordinate points, and grade/slope calculations.
- Ability to do or learn to perform volume calculations using Vulcan Software.
- Ability to do or learn to calculate stope & development contracts, as well as calculate incentive bonus.
- Compile end-of-month development report without supervision.
- Ability to assume some of the responsibilities of the Chief Surveyor in their absence.
- 2 to 4 years of survey crew experience, preferably underground and surface, AND/OR 1 to 2 years of college education in survey related field.
- Basic understanding of underground mining methods/terminology.
- Basic awareness and understanding of the day-to-day mine operations.
- Ability to use TDS COGO software to perform survey calculations.
- Ability to process CMS data
- Ability to prepare azimuth tables and maps
- Ability to set grade chains
- Ability to survey and process GPS survey equipment