World Wildlife Fund
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant, Northern Great Plains - 20015
at World Wildlife Fund
- # of Openings
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks an Administrative Assistant for the Northern Great Plains (NGP) region. Under the direction of the supervisor, performs a variety of standard and frequently complex administrative duties, logistical planning and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of US-based field office using administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies.
- General office support – Answers and routes phone calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of internal and external requests. Maintains all office and field supply inventory as well as relationships with office vendors. Researches new equipment purchases and ensures compliance with procurement policy. Serves as point of contact for office IT support. Handles administrative aspect of on-boarding new employees and serves as administrative liaison with HQ on policies and procedures. Coordinates mailings and supports staff in creation, production and distribution of documents, presentations and other materials. Responsible for planning, coordination and set-up of group meetings (staff meetings, staff retreats, etc). Provides logistics support to program staff for WWF workshops and special events. Supports with maintenance of field vehicles as needed.
- Senior Management support – Provides administrative and logistical support to Managing Director and Director of Conservation Programs in the form of calendar support, meeting coordination, and travel and conference arrangements. Maintains receipts, reviews monthly credit card transactions and inputs proper coding into financial system.
- Development support – In coordination with Managing Director, plans three Advisory Committee (AC) meetings per year, including one field trip. Responsible for creation of presentations, AC packets and meeting minutes. Manages all logistics including attendee coordination, space/equipment rental, AV needs, catering, and material preparation for donor tours, AC annual trip and other special donor events. Maintains donor mailing list and coordinates production and mailing of donor holiday cards and calendars. Serves as point of contact for communication with donors and AC members as well as liaison with Development Coordinators at HQ. Generates donor acknowledgements as directed.
- Recordkeeping - Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Microsoft Word, Excel, or specialized databases such as SharePoint and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma is required.
- Must have at least 5 years of demonstrated and progressively responsible experience in an administrative assistant or secretarial position.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and specialized databases to create documents, reports and logs.
- Excellent organizational skills needed to keep an office running smoothly.
- Experience coordinating travel arrangements and successfully planning logistically challenging events is important.
- Comfortable learning new technologies and troubleshooting IT issues.
- Effective writing ability necessary to prepare correspondence and meeting minutes.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, diplomacy and discretion necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, visitors and donors.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel 1-2 times a year within the NGP region.
- The person in this role must be based out of the WWF, Bozeman Montana office.
- We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. We will start reviewing applications as soon as they are received.
- Pay is highly competitive, and benefits are provided.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition # 20015
- All applications should be submitted with a cover letter for consideration.
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.