Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dining Room Attendant, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(5/14/2019 8:24 AM)
- Food and Beverage
Ensures the highest quality standards of food and beverage service are met for guests, the company, and the National Park Service. A Dining Room Attendant or Lounge Attendant is to assist in the overall operations of the outlet by hosting, directly supporting service staff, cleaning and resetting tables, and stocking product and equipment. Daily guest service in a teamwork oriented environment with attention to detail is expected along with frequent lifting, bending, kneeling, and a high volume of movement. Dining Room Attendants and Lounge Attendants must also assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary in line with the overall success of the outlet, location, and company.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Accurately record and enter all food and beverage items in to the POS system; pick up, garnish, and serve food and beverages promptly to guests; collect and process forms of payment; ensuring guest satisfaction throughout.
- Knowledge of all menus: specials, features, food, and beverages.
- Knowledge of general guest information.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that most actions and communications are within guest view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain cleanliness of Dining Room/Lounge and service areas.
- Complete assigned duties within each shift.
- Serve and re-fill water to guests; clear and set tables in accordance with all sanitation and service standards; assist servers as requested and transport dirty tableware from the Dining Room to the dish drop area.
- Provide bread service as need if applicable at the assigned location.
- Maintain cleanliness of Dining Room/Lounge and service areas. Maintain organized and fully stocked server stations within the Dining Room/Lounge.
- Perform Hosting duties and assist host staff as needed.
- Aids in organizing, moving, connecting, and disconnecting draft beer kegs.
- Aids in stocking needed product as directed.
- Responsible for declaring 100% of cash tips received.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors: front and back-of-house.
- Handle all guest service issues in an immediate and professional manner.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attendants must also assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary in line with the overall success of the outlet, location, and company.
- Lifting, balancing, and carrying service trays.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: service procedures and standards, multiple menus, floor plans, point of sale system.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Will be asked to help other team members as necessary.
- Must be committed to the food and beverage standards learned during the training period.
- Must be organized, efficient with movement and time, and have an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, willingness to comply with both.
- Ability to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be friendly and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies, materials, and equipment throughout the day.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Works safely with required chemicals.