Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dining Room Server, Glacier National Park, Summer 2019
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(5/16/2019 1:04 PM)
- Food and Beverage
Ensures the highest quality standards of food and beverage service are met for guests, the company, and the National Park Service. A Dining Room Server is to provide the appropriate service as indicated by the guest in the most efficient manner without sacrificing the quality the restaurant is aiming to present. Daily guest service in a teamwork oriented environment with attention to detail is expected along with frequent lifting, bending, kneeling, and a high volume of movement. Dining Room Servers must also assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary in line with the overall success of the outlet, location, and company.
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Accurately record and enter all food and beverage items in to the POS system; pick up, garnish, and serve food and beverages promptly to guests; collect and process forms of payment; ensuring guest satisfaction throughout.
- Knowledge of all menus: Specials, features, food, and beverages.
- Knowledge of general guest information.
- Maximize sales by using menu knowledge and suggestive selling techniques.
- Offer and serve alcoholic beverages while adhering to established Xanterra alcohol policies.
- Ensure a reasonable effort is made in preventing a guest from becoming intoxicated.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that most actions and communications are within guest view. Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain cleanliness of Dining Room and service areas.
- Complete assigned duties within each shift.
- Responsible for collecting accurate payment from the guest and depositing the exact amount of sales.
- Each server is required to provide his/her own a bank, approximately $30.00, for the purpose of providing change to the guest.
- Responsible for declaring 100% of cash tips after tip-out to Bar Staff and Dining Room Attendant.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Handle all guest service issues in an immediate and professional manner.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Follow Company and departmental safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Follow Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Dining Room Servers must also assist in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary in line with the overall success of the outlet, location, and company.
- Lifting, balancing, and carrying service trays.
- Ability to organize and prioritize under pressure while maintaining a calm and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information quickly: service procedures and standards, multiple menus, dining room floor plan, point of sale system.
- Certification in the TIPS alcohol awareness program is required. Workshops will be provided if not currently certified.
- Ability to work as part of a team. Will be asked to help other team members as necessary.
- Must be committed to the food and beverage standards learned during the training period.
- Must be organized, efficient with movement and time, and have an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, willingness to comply with both.
- Ability to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be friendly and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds. Frequent lifting and carrying of supplies, materials, and equipment throughout the day.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Works safely with required chemicals.